Auto-Population in Primavera Unifier
In this segment of the Making Primavera Unifier Foolproof series we are going to demonstrate a very powerful feature in Primavera Unifier called Auto-Population. Auto-population can reduce duplicate entries of data and other data entry errors by populating existing data in a field from another Unifier object.
Although the examples below are shown in Primavera Unifier version 10.1, this functionality will also work in earlier versions of Primavera Unifier.
What is Auto-Population?
Auto-Population allow users to:
- Populate data on a form from some other Unifier object
- Business Process (BP) or shell attribute form
- Reduce duplicate entry and other data entry errors
Example using Auto-Population in Primavera Unifier:
We are going to demonstrate Auto-Population by populating data from a Vendors BP into a contract when a vendor is selected.
Data in Vendors BP:
Vendor Data Auto-populated to Contract When Selected:
How This Was Built
- Line Item > Generic BP at company level
- The forms are built with contact information fields as needed (pull-down, text, etc.)
- Cost > Line item with WBS Code > Base Commit
- Forms built with contact information fields using the same data elements from the Vendors BP
- BP Picker or Data Picker added to form at creation step
Defined on properties of form assigned to creation step
- Use BP Picker or Data Picker as auto-population source
- Select associated Data Element (DE) on Vendor form as Source Element
Auto-Population in Primavera Unifier can significantly decrease the possibility for a user to enter incorrect or invalid data. It is important that uDesigner implementers know how to create business BPs that provide a foolproof user experience to ensure accurate data entry and routing.